[jbosscache-dev] Notifying TxInterceptor of Jgroups BLOCK event

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri Dec 8 06:42:37 EST 2006

On 7 Dec 2006, at 21:24, Brian Stansberry wrote:

> To me B sounds better, assuming no one has "Any other idea".  As
> soon as
> you implement and test A, we'll think of some reason why some other
> interceptor needs to know about the block call!

In 2.0.0, there is an InvocationContextInterceptor that sits at the
start of the chain to build up the InvocationContext with everything
it needs.  The block call could be handled here rather than the
TxInterceptor.

> Re: the local option, the ReplicationInterceptor already ignores
> methods
> it's not specifically designed to handle.

Yes.  No need for local overrides here.  Each interceptor only deals
with methodcalls it knows about and ignores the rest.

> jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As a part of JBCACHE-315 implementation we have to notify
>> TXInterceptor that Jgroups BLOCK event arrived. I could think of two
>> solutions:
>>
>> A) Find TxInterceptor in interceptor list and invoke
>> TxInterceptor.block() directly
>> B) Pass block notification as a method down the interceptor
>> chain and implement logic in TxInterceptor
>>
>> For B) do we have to set option override that method is local
>> so method call does not get replicated?
>>
>> Which approach is preferred? Any other ideas?

And yes, I prefer option B as well.  :-)