[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-815

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Wed Nov 1 10:43:09 EST 2006

jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Do you feel this needs to be a config option, or can we live
> with a - D setting to disable jboss serialization?  I know I
> originally suggested a proper config elem for this, but since
> the ObjectSerializationFactory uses a static method, passing
> in a Configuration object here would be a pita.

No you see why I resisted when you asked me to take this on this week
:-)

I'd say:

1) For 1.4.1, let's live with -D.  We have other stuff to do now.
2) For 2.0.0, let's think about a config option.  If someone has some
spare cycles, gets motivated and does it, great. If not, no big deal.

The only reason I'm interested in keeping this configurable is so we
have a fallback for any odd cases that pop up where jboss serialization
is an issue. So I don't think ease of configuration is that critical.

- Brian