[jbosscache-dev] RE: HEAD

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Tue Nov 14 12:06:34 EST 2006

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I've started work on merging the Region/RegionManagers for eviction.
> The interfaces and API are now in place, but it breaks in a
> few places, stuff that's still WIP.
>
> Hopefully at least you can go ahead with your integration, I
> will have it all functional by tomorrow though.  And then the
> rest of tomorrow and thu to stabilise as much as I can before I
> release on Fri.

This should be OK. If there are delays past tomorrow, if you can please
try to structure your approach to have either eviction or marshalling
working so I can test either EJB3 (eviction) or FIELD session repl
(marshalling).  My preference would be to have the marshalling region
stuff working earlier than eviction.  Without marshalling I can't test
the PojoCache integration, which is more likely to have complex issues
that need time to resolve.

> Do you think we can get away with a .DR2 or Alpha instead of a Beta?
> Because this certainly isn't Beta quality.  :-)

We just discussed this on our weekly AS call. :-)  Alpha should be fine
(Dimitris, if I misunderstood, please correct me.)

- Brian