[jbosscache-dev] FW: [jboss-dev-forums] [Design of the JBoss EJB Container] - Problemwith order of entity cache operations with Hibernate

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Fri Nov 17 10:43:38 EST 2006

+10 on JBC/Hibernate integration testing.

The EJB3 testsuite has one test in this area, which luckily uncovered
the issue.  Only uses the TM that's integrated in the AS; it was a lucky
hit.

There should be more EJB3 tests as well, but the primary place for it
should be in Hibernate/JBC.  E.g. this issue quite likely impacts
non-EJB3 Hibernate as well.

That's how we find such a thing.  Anyone have any good thoughts on what
to do about it? Perhaps Hibernate exposes something like JBC's
OrderedSynchronizationHandler, which the JBC integration can use to
insert it's synchronization at the correct point?