[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-867

Elias Ross generic_elias at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 23:25:16 EST 2006

I finished most of getting rid of the TreeCacheProxyImpl references.  It took
more time than anticipated.

All said, it was about 1800 lines of adds and 2000 lines of removes.
TreeNode and DataNode are pretty empty.  There's now a NodeSPI which might
need some work, but it's pretty pleasant.  I also refactored out a lot of
lock stuff into something that hangs off of NodeSPI.

Some tests may have been messed up (buddy replication and the move feature
and probably some others) and I haven't had time to figure these complicated
ones out.  I hope this doesn't upset anybody.  If somebody could help fix
these, that would be great.

I would like to suggest the following things:
1.  Cache should not implement Node, it's confusing when reading an
implementation of Cache
2.  Node sould include useful methods of TreeNode, such as getChild(Object)
and getName()
3.  Cache should have a getCacheSPI()
4.  CacheSPI should not extend Cache
5.  Cache needs move(), not Node.  The reason is clear if you see NodeImpl.

In the current design, CacheSPI has to have all the methods of Cache.  Why
couldn't CacheSPI be written as a separate object?  (It could, but then you
would just have to delegate ...)

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre