[jbosscache-dev] Perf tuning for JBoss Cache

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Nov 27 14:10:55 EST 2006

On 27 Nov 2006, at 18:03, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Ok then, apply VAM to all cache loaders (or at least refactor it so
> that other CLs can be changed easily at a later stage) and provide
> bridging app that would get data from one and store in the other,
> in order to transform from 1.x marshalling to VAM in 2.0.

I wouldn't apply this to *all* cache loaders - just ones that
serialize data (I have a funny feeling this would be all cache
loaders though!)

I don't think we should provide a bridging app.  Perhaps just write
an FAQ about it and let users implement it based on their app.
Chances are they would do this anyway.