[jbosscache-dev] easing the path for clientstogetaroundredeployment class loading issues in JBC

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Nov 28 17:30:49 EST 2006

Comments below:

On 28 Nov 2006, at 19:32, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> I have also been working on the QA entry to go along with this:
>
> Q. Can I use <literal>TreeCache</literal> Marshalling in order to
> get around ClassCastExceptions happening when accessing data in the
> cache that has just been redeployed?

I'd change this to:

	the <literal>useRegionBasedMarshalling</literal> attribute in JBoss
Cache ...

> R. Yes, you can. Originally, <literal>TreeCache</literal>
> Marshalling was designed firstly, to provide improved performance
> over Java serialization and secondly, as a workaround for those
> replicated caches that upon state transfer did not have access to
> the classloaders defining the objects in the cache.

This is slightly incorrect.  The original use case was a workaround
for replicated caches that did not have context classloaders
registered.  In 1.4.x, I added the JBoss Serialization stuff and the
magic numbers for known types for performance.