[jbosscache-dev] Anycast: JBCACHE-813 & JGRP-338

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Wed Nov 29 04:42:10 EST 2006

No. You'll send out the same request to *all* members, then wait for all
replies. At least that's how I will do it in anycast as part of JGroups.
Hmm, no, you are actually right ! Okay, so let's leave the JBossCache
impl untouched and wait for JGroups 2.5 then. I can cut a release in a
week from now if you want.

Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Re: making multiple unicast calls from the JBC layer, doesn't this
> likely increase the overall time to do the group RPC by putting each
> call/response in series? You lose JGroups' ability to correlate the

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / JBoss Clustering team
JBoss - a division of Red Hat