[jbosscache-dev] Using Apache DBCP in NonManagedConnectionFactory

Hany Mesha hmesha at novell.com
Thu Oct 12 14:04:02 EDT 2006

The connection gets created by the prepare method which is called from within a transaction context and then the tx calls the commit method which commits or rolls back the changes and closes the connection in the end. On the other hand, If the connection is used outside the tx context then it might be leaking as you described since there's no guarantees that it'll be closed.

Hany

Hany M. Mesha
Sr. Software Engineer, Consultant
Novell Identity Management Engineering
Toronto, Canada
hmesha at novell.com
Mobile: 416-456-6945
skype: hanymesha

Novell, Inc.
SUSE® Linux Enterprise 10
Your Linux is ready
http://www.novell.com/linux

>>> Manik Surtani <manik at jboss.org> 10/12/06 1:34 PM >>>
In that case it shouldn't be creating its own connections!  :- )  It
becomes a conn leak when put under load.

Email: manik at jboss.org
Telephone: +44 7786 702 706
MSN: manik at surtani.org
Yahoo/AIM/Skype: maniksurtani