[jbosscache-dev] 1.4.0.SP2 or 1.4.1?

Jerry Gauthier jgauthier at novell.com
Fri Oct 27 13:14:37 EDT 2006

Right - we didn't add any tests to JBC as mux requires an mbean server.
As you noted, the old code will run if the mux channel isn't available.

I think the AS 5.0 cluster tests do use TreeCache with mux as the
cluster suite's cluster-service.xml file specifies a mux dependency for
the TreeCache instance used for cluster services.

>>> "Brian Stansberry" <brian.stansberry at jboss.com> 10/27/2006 12:52 PM

I don't recall mux-specific testing, but I wasn't too involved back
then.  Jerry, do you recall what can of mux-related testing was added
1.4?

Perhaps something like this would work as a good base:

1) Create an ant patternset of the existing tests we want to run, but
now with mux.  Idea is to re-use existing tests to confirm
functionality
of things like state transfer, replication, buddy group formation.
2) Add the mux channel configs to the configs used by those tests.
Set
it to a system property.  AIUI, if the property is not set, the mux
config will not work and the cache will fall back on the old protocol
stack config.  So existing tests still work.
3) Create a new target in build.xml that runs the tests in the
patternset from #1.  The target sets the system property.

Crap -- the mux factory is an mbean -- for this to work the tests need
an mbean server.  Well, maybe the above will spark an idea from
someone
else.

- Brian

jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> No testing yet. We are about to test jbc head for regression
> problems in 2.4. We can include jbc 1.4 branch in the same
> process. I am not sure how mux based testing is done in jbc
> 1.4 branch. Brian might be familiar with this?

Ban