[jbosscache-dev] Some new Cache usage questions

Ben Wang ben.wang at jboss.com
Fri Sep 1 09:13:15 EDT 2006

Manik,

While trying to use the new API in PojoCache, I have found that I need to:

1. To check if a attribute exist, I need to do:
cache_.getRoot().getChild(fqn_).getData().values().contains(PojoInstance.KEY)

2. And then, I need to do a lot of cache_.getRoot().getChild(fqn).put(map)

So looks like I need to write a wrapper layer just to provide straight api for:

Cache_.exists(fqn, key)
And
Cache_.put(fqn, map)

If this is rare case, then I will bite the bullet. But if it is a common one, then that really begs the question whether we should provide additional apis or not?

Thanks,

-Ben