[jbosscache-dev] Node.getChildren()

Ben Wang ben.wang at jboss.com
Sun Sep 3 23:32:30 EDT 2006

Manik,

I have noticed that this is the current implementation for Node.getChildren():

   public Collection<Node> getChildren()
   {
      Map m = currentNode.getChildren();
      Set<Node> children = new HashSet<Node>(m.size());
      Iterator i = m.values().iterator();
      while (i.hasNext())
      {
         children.add(new TreeCacheProxyImpl(treeCache, (NodeImpl) i.next()));
      }

      return children;
   }

Actually, what I need now is a map of (keyFqn, node), i.e., return m. But even if we stick to this api, creating children will be quite expensive won't it be if getChildren is called many times (happens for my case dealing with Collection classes).

Thanks,

-Ben