[jbosscache-dev] State transfer error handling

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 12:23:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

As you know we now deal with streams in cache loaders. Since we have to
have an error handling mechanism that supports both streaming and byte
based transfers we cannot rely on buffer marking and resets to do state
transfer error handling anymore. We have to somehow indicate in stream
that an error occurred while writing data to stream.

Are we suppose to follow all or nothing approach when it comes to state
transfer? If we write out an error marker to the stream while writing
data and if reader encounters an error marker should we cleanup any
previous partial state that has already been read and integrated?

Let me know.

Vladimir