[jbosscache-dev] JMX and MBeans in JBoss Cache 2.0.0

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Wed Sep 6 17:30:38 EDT 2006

I already use model MBeans to expose certain JGroups services, e.g.
GossipRouter and Multiplexer. It geta bit unwieldy though, with all the
verbose XML... How do you suppose to expose interceptors ? I think the
big problem is that we need to dynamically expose (=register) them at
stack startup time ?

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Rather than wrestle with MBean interfaces and also add clutter to the
> various interfaces we have - and also to support future exposure of
> interceptors, etc. to JMX, what do you think of using Model MBeans
> instead of Standard MBeans?
>
>     http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/management/modelmbean/package-summary.html
>

> Now I'm no JMX expert and I may be talking nonsense here so feel free
> to tear this apart.  Brian, how would something like this work for you
> since AS clustering gets cache references from JMX?  Do we still need
> to extend ServiceMBean in AS5?
>
> Cheers,

> Email: manik at jboss.org
> Telephone: +44 7786 702 706
> MSN: manik at surtani.org
> Yahoo/AIM/Skype: maniksurtani

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Manager JBoss Clustering Group
JBoss - a division of Red Hat