[jbosscache-dev] jboss-minimal.jar

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 10:23:54 EDT 2006

jbosscache-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Am I correct to assume that the only reason we ship JBC with
> jboss- minimal.jar is so we have access to
> org.jboss.logging.XLevel?  And the purpose of logging.XLevel
> is to give us TRACE level logging?

My gut instinct tells me it wasn't the original reason, but it looks
like that's all that's left :)

At least in 1.2.13 log4j now has its own TRACE level, and jdk logging
has "FINE, FINER, FINEST" of which I'm sure commons-logging maps at
least one or two to trace().  So I don't think it's worth it to ship the
jar just for that; just ship the latest log4j (we're shipping 1.2.8).