[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache 2.0.0.ALPHA status

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 14:30:24 EDT 2006

Thought about it a bit more, and I don't think it has that problem.

If the remote cache is being used as a cacheloader, it should have no
existence other than for that purpose. So, a store call should feel free
to completely replace the subtree being stored.

Therefore, the first step of the state transfer store should be to
recursively remove all nodes for the given subtree in the remote cache.
Thereafter there are no problems with leftover data.

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> This approach would be a very nice and generic solution but
> as you point it has a problem with integration/clearing of nodes.
>
> Looks like we have to do something along the lines that Manik
> suggested. I'll assign that task to myself.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
Ph: 510-396-3864