[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache 2.0.0.ALPHA status

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Tue Sep 12 13:21:42 EDT 2006

Yeah exactly. I just sent a private email to Brian to check my sanity.

Remember how we wanted to have abstract method in AbstractCacheLoader:

public abstract void put(Fqn fqn, Map attributes, boolean erase) throws
Exception;

so we can move up load/store in AbstractCacheLoader. Well I just saw
that DelegatingCacheLoader has a really good idea how to implement this
method as a default:

public void put(Fqn fqn, Map attributes, boolean erase) throws Exception
{
      if(erase)
         removeData(fqn);
      put(fqn, attributes);
}

So why can't we have this implementation of put in AbstractCacheLoader
as a default and if cacheloader implementation has a more efficient way
to implement it - so be it.

I have actually done this change (moved up both load/store to
AbstractCacheLoader) and now I am making sure that all tests are
passing. Bdbje compatibility test is passing now:). Lets see that all
other o.j.c.loader test are passing as well.

What do you think? Any flaws with this approach?