[jbosscache-dev] CacheSPI.setStateTransferManager

Ben Wang ben.wang at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 10:49:08 EDT 2006

Manik and I have just chatted. One possibility. Instead of have a setter
on STM, we expose a sort of a static factory method to obtain the STM
class. But this also has the same concern as you do to expose this prior
to defining the contract.

The other possibility is I defer the implementation of
PojoCacheStateTransferManager after the alpha release and wait for the
STM API to settle down, althouhg I'd prefer to implement it ASAP,
especially for partial state transfer piece.

Another question. Currently, StateTransferManager is using TreeCache
directly. Would it be possibel to use CacheSPI instead? Otherwise, any
subclass of StateTransferManager isn't having access to TreeCache.

-Ben