[jbosscache-dev] Notification interceptor

Hany Mesha hmesha at novell.com
Tue Sep 19 22:53:14 EDT 2006

Hi all,

When Bela and I were discussing this issue I documented all the ideas
and questions on the jira issue. Please see
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-270

Bela is right we need to get a notification interceptor in place "Even
if we end up having only 95% of all notifications  emitted from the
interceptor, and the rest directly, that would be  fine too."

At the time thinking of this feature, I was debating another idea which
is having a dual notification interceptor. One to emits pre-call
notification at the bottom of the stack and one emits post-call at the
top of the stack. I can't recall why we didn't go with it. Anyway, I'm
bringing it up right now just to kick start the thinking process again.

Cheers,

Hany

>>> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at  7:28 AM, in message
<16715A85-5394-48E3-A646-785A99CD3E6F at jboss.org>, Manik Surtani
<manik at jboss.org> wrote:

Hany,

Could you pls join the JBoss Cache dev list here:

https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/roster/jbosscache-dev

and join this discussion?

Thanks,

Email: manik at jboss.org