[jbosscache-dev] Buddy replication tests

Bela Ban bela at jboss.org
Wed Sep 20 16:20:42 EDT 2006

I started instrumenting my tests with a check in setUp() and tearDown()
which compares the number of threads for each test, and fails a test if
the number of threads before and after is not the same.

It would be nice if we could generalize that concept (AOP ?) into the
testsuite...

Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:
> It seems like buddy replication tests are failing due to a simple
> oversight in BuddyReplicationContentTest and BuddyGroupAssignmentTest.
> BuddyReplicationContentTest does not have tearDown method and thus cache
> members accumulate over tests leading to test failures.
> BuddyGroupAssignmentTest has tearDown method but instead of assigning
> created caches to field of TreeCache[] each test method assigns created
> caches to method local variable. Thus tearDown which cleans up private
> field of TreeCache [] has no effect. The end result is the same - number
> of caches in the cluster accumulate over the tests leading to test
> failures.

Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Manager JBoss Clustering Group
JBoss - a division of Red Hat