[jbosscache-dev] Developer release

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Sep 21 06:40:58 EDT 2006

Guys,

Ben and I are thinking of cutting a DR before the alpha.

Known bugs include the one about marshalling large Strings (waiting
for jboss-serialization-1.0.3 to be released) and
StateTransferUnderLoad.  Other issues include timing/concurrency
issues with BR which show up on the multi-cpu lab servers and
notifications around the move() API which I hope to sort out by the
weekend, and some of Ben's PojoCache tests.

The rest of the functionality is all in place though and I'd like to
test this DR with AS HEAD and Hibernate (speaking with Steve E about
this).

Ben's going to release the DR over the weekend (I'll be off to Berlin
on a clustering training) and hopefully we can look at an Alpha when
I get back.

FYI, refer to unit tests in org.jboss.cache.api for examples of using
the new API and SPI.  I'll update docs and tutorial with these before
cutting the alpha.

Cheers,

Email: manik at jboss.org
Telephone: +44 7786 702 706