[jbosscache-dev] finishing JBCACHE-964 - refactoring JDBCCacheLoaderOld and any source depending on it to "migration" path

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 18:08:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

JBCACHE-964 is getting close to completion. I have docu and some
refactoring pending which I'd like to get some consensus on:

JDBCCacheLoaderOld is a classloader that it's in the main code for
legacy purpouses. As part of JBCACHE-964, I have created a migration
directory that includes a classloader to transform data from 1.x to 2.x.

I was talking to Manik about moving JDBCCacheLoaderOld to this migration
directory, removing it from the main source directory. That means that
if a customer wants to use it, they need to add
jbosscache-cacheloader-migration.jar to their classpath which is fine,
making the customer think twice before doing it.

As part of this refactoring, AdjListJDBCCacheLoaderCompatibilityTest
which relies on JDBCCacheLoaderOld would also be moved to the tests
directory of the migration path (quite likely
migration/tests/functional) and similar thing would occur to
OldImplBenchmark (possibly to migration/tests/perf which does not exist
right now)

This would require a bit of refactoring but I think it's minimal and
removes non trunk source/test code from the main codebase.

Thoughts?

--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer