[jbosscache-dev] Migration to Subversion and Maven

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Sat Aug 18 11:27:32 EDT 2007

Galder Zamarreno wrote:
> Manik,
>
> Btw, followed your instructions in README-maven to set the local maven2
> repository:
>
> <maven.repository.root>/Users/manik/Code/maven2</maven.repository.root>
>
> But my local repository was being downloaded to ~/.m2/repository.
>
> I tried an alternative way as mentioned in
> http://maven.apache.org/settings.html setting:
>
> <localRepository>/home/galder/cursing/maven2</localRepository>
>
> And it worked :)
>
> Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Everyone, this is now complete and ready for business.  A brief update
>> on a few things:
>>
>> * core [1] and pojo [2] are now separate modules in the subversion
>> repository - this announcement pertains to 'core' only.  Jason will
>> probably announce 'pojo' later.
>> * Read the JBoss Cache Dev [3] wiki page for details on connecting.
>> * We're now using Maven2 to build (see the README-maven.txt [4] file
>> in the src tree for details)
>> * We've switched to TestNG for the unit tests.  While the test
>> migration is still WIP, I thought this is still worth mentioning
>> here.  Any new tests written should use TestNG and not JUnit.
>> * See sample conversion from JUnit to TestNG - o.j.c.FqnTest [5]
>> * The 'recommended' way of using JBoss Cache in your code is to use
>> Maven2.  From 2.1.0, JBoss Cache will reside in JBoss.org's maven
>> repository [6] and snapshots will be available in the JBoss.org
>> snapshot repository [7].
>> * Maven2 groupId = org.jboss.cache, artifactId = jbosscache-core or
>> jbosscache-pojo
>>
>> Please let me know if you have any issues with these changes.  Commit
>> privileges should have been moved across, let me know if there are any
>> issues.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Manik
>>

>> [1] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbosscache/core/
>> [2] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbosscache/pojo/
>> [3] http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheDevelopment
>> [4]
>> http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/~raw,r=4259/JBossCache/core/trunk/README-Maven.txt
>>
>> [5]
>> http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBossCache/core/trunk/src/test/java/org/jboss/cache/FqnTest.java?r=4278
>>
>> [6] http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/cache
>> [7] http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/cache
>>
>> On 14 Aug 2007, at 17:36, Manik Surtani wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, this has finally happened, and the old CVS repo is frozen.
>>>
>>> I'm still in the process of reorganising the new SVN repo, and will
>>> send out an email once this is done, probably tomorrow morning (GMT +
>>> 1).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> Manik Surtani
>>>
>>> Lead, JBoss Cache
>>> JBoss, a division of Red Hat

>> --
>> Manik Surtani
>>
>> Lead, JBoss Cache
> [...]
I wasn't referring the local cache of the public repo (this is stored in
~/.m2/repository)

The public JBoss Maven2 repo is in SVN.  So to deploy stuff to the
public repo, you need to check out the repo in SVN, deploy stuff to the
SVN directory on disk, and then check it in again.

Don't worry too much about this though; only important if you plan on
making public releases.  ;)

Cheers,

Project Lead, JBoss Cache

JBoss, a division of Red Hat