[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache weakness handling heuristic transaction outcomes - [Fwd: [Fwd: New case comment notification. Case Number 00017677]]

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Aug 21 10:34:21 EDT 2007

Sorry about the slow response on this.

While making JBC an XA resource is on the roadmap, it isn't something
scheduled for any imminent release [1], as this is a pretty big
change for the JBC codebase (and more importantly, a big feature
change which would involve a lot of compatibility testing).

For the time being, treating STATUS_UNKNOWN as a rollback would help,
but only provided the database (and any other resources participating
in the tx) has rolled back as well.  Jonathan, correct me if I am
wrong, but there is no way to know this unless we are an XA resource
as well, am I right?

So is it reasonable to treat a STATUS_UNKNOWN as a rollback, and
document this limitation, until JBCACHE-70?

Cheers
Manik

[1] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-70