[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache weakness handling heuristic transaction outcomes - [Fwd: [Fwd: New case comment notification. Case Number 00017677]]

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 14:01:01 EDT 2007

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Ok, I just spoke to Steve @ Hibernate on how Hibernate deals with this
> situation.  From an IM conversation:
>
> "that is deemed a failed transaction
> anything other than committed"
>
> So Hibernate rolls back STATUS_UNKNOWN as well.  I think this is
> therefore a safe default.
>
> Is there a good reason to try and purge the nodes in such a case?  Or
> just stick with the default above?

I think this makes more sense for the cache controlling application to
be responsible for removing data. If you look at the hibernate case it
does stuff outside the realm of the tx boundary anyway
(putForExternalRead). So even if we did auto purge, it's not guaranteed
that we are purging the correct data.

--
Jason T. Greene
Lead, POJO Cache