[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache weakness handling heuristic transaction outcomes - [Fwd: [Fwd: New case comment notification. Case Number 00017677]]

Jonathan Halliday jonathan.halliday at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 06:33:38 EDT 2007

The client app will actually get a heuristic exception in
response to its commit call and should do cleanup in the
exception handler. However, that's not always going to be
user code, it may be e.g. the app server's EJB container in
the case of CMT. Hence if you go down this route, which I
agree is probably the best approach, other parts of the app
server may need to be aware of the issues.

Jonathan.