[jbosscache-dev] maven test output stops when System.out.println calls are encountered

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 06:39:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been running the cache loader migration tests via maven and I
spotted that only the first test results would print to the standard
output. The rest of tests would run, but the output would not appear.

Digging a little bit, I found http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-315

Basically, at the end of the first test run, whose results appear on the
STDOUT (TransformingFileCacheLoaderTest),
TestingUtil.recursiveFileRemove(targetLoc) is called which removes some
files created during tests.

Within TestingUtil.recursiveFileRemove(targetLoc) there's a
System.out.println("Deleting file " + file); call which ends up messing
test output. Removing it solves the problem.

If everyone's happy with it, I would change this System.out.println call
to a logger call.

Cheers,
--
Galder Zamarreño