[jbosscache-dev] Test fwk for JBoss Cache

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Feb 8 12:03:04 EST 2007

Guys,

This is about moving off JUnit 3.x in future versions of JBoss Cache
(>= 2.1.0).  Bela mentioned wanting to do something similar for
JGroups as well - may be a good idea to move in the same direction.  :-)

The question is:  JUnit 4 or TestNG?  Has anyone got options on
these?  From what I understand (and don't forget I've not used TestNG
much)

JUnit 4:
+ easy migration
+ good IDE support
- no support for 'threaded tests'

TestNG:
+ Concurrent testing (being able to specify threads and loops via
annotations on a per-test basis)

Anyone else have any other thoughts or opinions?

Cheers,

Email: manik at jboss.org
Telephone: +44 7786 702 706
MSN: manik at surtani.org