[jbosscache-dev] API changes in Habanero

Ben Wang ben.wang at jboss.com
Thu Jan 4 20:39:38 EST 2007

OK, so we are saying XXxDirect belongs in NodeSPI because they are used only for cache behavior customization? But I'd like the explict naming in this case. Previously, you always need to remember to set the option each time before the method call.

Another minor issue that I find in my unit test:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot directly retrieve children which aren't directly under the current node.
	at org.jboss.cache.UnversionedNode.getChildDirect(UnversionedNode.java:424)

It seems now:

      NodeSPI node = cache.getRoot().getChildDirect(fqn);
Only support the retrieval of immediate child. So if, say, I have "/a/b/c" fqn that I want to retrieve from getRoot(), what is my option then? I'd think to iterate through the Node tree to get a child node is quite tedious and inefficient.

Thanks,

-Ben