[jbosscache-dev] Alternatives to using AS DataSource remotely? - itcaused me some headaches today :(

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 18:20:59 EST 2007

I've gone for the 3rd option and have got most of the JDBCCacheLoaderTest running successfully. Need to make sure that I can override the setting to use DummyTransactions as per the CacheLoaderTestBase, which do not relate in this case.

I think I should also be able to avoid compile time dependencies on any AS libraries, using an Microcontainer 1.0 style XML based injection of pojos needed to run this tests. Adrian gave me a hand here :). The only compile time dependency would be on Microcontainer 1.0.x.

If I can't get this working and make all tests run successfully, we should be fine for the moment. ManagedCF path for JDBCCacheLoaderTest would still require manual testing but should be much easier than it was a couple of days ago... :D

Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer
JBoss, a division of Red Hat