[jbosscache-dev] InitialStateRetrievalTimeout

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 11:51:24 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

In case you missed the discussion on the forum, [1] one developer
complained that he was getting CacheException with streaming state
transfer if the state was too big. It turns out that the problem was
related to the timeout for channel.getState that we were passing to
jgroups - we used lockAcquisitionTimeout + 5sec. Related issue is [2].

Brian pointed out that we indeed have initialStateRetrievalTimeout
configuration parameter that is meant to be used for these purposes.
While discussing this issue with Brian we concluded that we should maybe
rename this configuration parameter to stateRetrievalTimeout since we
have to use some parameter for partial state transfers as well.

Thoughts?

[1] http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054045
[2] http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1106