[jbosscache-dev] JBossCache 2.0 Beta2 test code coverage analysis

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 10:36:37 EDT 2007

Manik Surtani wrote:
> Hany Mesha wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have run clover once again. This time against the head branch. I did
>> 2 data points. One was against right before 2.0 Beta1 and the newer one
>> was done yesterday just before 2.0 Beta2.
>
> Thanks for this, Hany.  This is a useful analysis (insofar as code
> coverage can be considered a useful thing).  It does clearly show areas
> where we do need better coverage (rmi cache loaders, JMX, some pojo
> cache features).  Some of the "red" on the report can be misleading
> though - such as o.j.c.marshall.data (which contain just dummy classes
> for unit tests).
>
> In terms of targets, I think we can only feasibly consider improving the
> test suite after BETA2, so it would make good sense to run the code
> coverage analysis again just before releasing CR1.

+10 on the thanks for this, Hany.  I like the idea of having targets in
the build file too.

I apologize; I'm pretty sure we discussed this before, but I can't find
the thread.  Is it possible to execute these with only the contents of
src being included in the analysis?  In general I'm really not
interested in coverage of code in the tests directory. Besides some
spurious 'red', on balance it's likely including tests overstates the
'green' % since presumably in most cases a very high % of test code gets
executed.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering