[jbosscache-dev] 2.0.0 Releases and Month of Bugs

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon May 21 05:53:41 EDT 2007

Guys,

A quick update on where things stand re: releasing Habanero.

2.0.0.CR2 will be out mid-week.  I hope to do 2 more CRs before GA:

	- CR3 by week 1 of June, containing feedback from CR1 and CR2
	- CR4 by week 3 of June, containing JGroups 2.5.GA.  I want at least
1 CR containing JGroups 2.5.GA
	- GA after that - possibly early July.

One of the main reasons for drawing out the CR period - apart from
waiting on JGroups - is the Month of Bugs.  I've been working with
the JBoss.ORG folk to put together a campaign, hopefully starting
next week, to encourage people to download CRs and try them out,
stress and break them, and provide feedback.  We're arranging prizes
for the most valuable contributions here, to provide incentive.

This should lead to a very stable and well accepted GA.

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,

Email: manik at jboss.org
Telephone: +44 7786 702 706