[jbosscache-dev] Paring down the roadmap for "Alegrias" 2.1.0

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Sep 17 13:33:48 EDT 2007

Guys,

Given the deadlines for getting 2.1.0 into AS 5's Beta3, I propose we
drop the MC/AOP integration from this release.  This particularly
bugs me, since I really want to lose a lot of the boiler plate code,
but being pragmatic, it is too big a change to be done right in such
a short time frame.  So, I propose a leaner 2.1.0 release, dropping
not only the MC/AOP integration but also the following JIRAs

JBCACHE-89
JBCACHE-207
JBCACHE-1082
JBCACHE-789
JBCACHE-331
JBCACHE-931

Hopefully we can release 2.1.0 by the end of Oct and then focus on a
2.2.0 release with all the remaining bits of 2.1.0, including MC/AOP
integration, for Jan or Feb and then push for a 3.0.0 with MVCC after
that.

What are your thoughts?  From a JBoss AS integration perspective, my
understanding is that as long as the release is API compatible with
2.1.0 we should be able to slip it in to future versions of AS 5.
(Correct me if I am wrong, Brian)

Cheers,