[jbosscache-dev] Bundling JBossJTA in JBossCache

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Sep 27 05:09:37 EDT 2007

Sounds good but given that a lot of folk would be using JBC in a Java
EE environment with another TM present anyway, bundling JBossTS could
be misinterpreted to mean that we only support JBossTS.  Ok, weak
argument since people currently swap out the DummyTM happily enough.

Good idea, although I agree with Bela that we should move this to 2.2.0.

Hang on, Brian extends the DummyTM in HTTP session clustering to
provide invocation batching (BatchModeTransactionManager).  While we
do want to move away from this and provide a way of batching that is
not dependent on JTA [1], if we want to swap out the DummyTM and
replace with JBossTS we'd better make sure the BMTM approach still
works or we have the alternate approach in place.

Cheers,
Manik

[1] JBCACHE-991