[jbosscache-dev] Issue with JBCACHE-1309 WAS: Branch for 2.1.X

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 01:47:25 EDT 2008

Manik Surtani wrote:

>>> Ok, this is only called when a node exists in the tree and it needs
>>> to be added to the workspace.  In this case, we should only attempt
>>> to acquire a read lock, not a write lock.  The write locks are
>>> acquired on nodes marked as dirty when a transaction commits.
>>> This fix is in svn (trunk and 2.1.X) and your tests - along with
>>> other optimistic locking tests - pass.  I'm waiting for a full Hudson
>>> test suite run.
>>
>> Excellent; thanks for the quick turn. If all looks well can you deploy
>> another 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT?. I'll rerun the Hibernate tests with it.
>
> Done.

Ran clean. :-)

Would it irk you terribly if I ported
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1218 to 2.1.X in the morning?
Configuring an AS CacheManager via a -beans.xml is quite ugly compared
to the native JBC format. You have to uniquely name every pojo in the
each config, which is painful when you have 7 or 8 different configs. MC
has an open JIRA to support anonymous beans, but not sure if/when it
will get done.

I know it's late to put this in, so I won't be at all bothered if you
say no. :)

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering