[jbosscache-dev] Entity resolution in new config format

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 16:00:49 EDT 2008

Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 14 Aug 2008, at 15:01, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>
>> This isn't a good solution since that means the user has to install
>> the schema file, and specify a path to it in a property. The better
>> way is to use an entity resolver that searches META-INF/schemas for
>> specific files associated with a schema namespace. Then we package the
>> schema files in jbosscache-core.jar.
>
> Yes, the intent of the system property was mainly for development/unit
> testing.
>
> +1 to using a resolver that would find it in the jar distro though.

I took a look at updating this to use JBossEntityResolver which is in
jboss-common. I just noticed though that the jboss cache schema is using
the empty namespace, which is a problem since there is only 1 empty
namespace. We should instead be using a schema that has a defined target
namespace. Then entity resolution will be able to resolve it based on
that namespace. This is going to require changes to the schema, the
parsing code, and all configs.

--
Jason T. Greene