[jbosscache-dev] Configuration Related Changes and Notes

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 18:56:29 EDT 2008

Some outstanding issues:
>> -----------------------
>> - Schema validation failures just log errors. Shouldn't they abort
>> startup? The XML parsing code seems to assume validation was
>> performed and successful since it doesn't do much itself
errors are being thrown now
>> - XmlParsingConfigurationRegistry does not use a proper schema!
I've created a schema for this: resources/schema/jbosscache-registry-3.0.xsd
>> - LegacyConfigurationTest is testing the new configuration format
>> instead of the legacy one
Yep, this will break backward compatibility. I'll change it after you
commit your backward compatibility changes re:Jmx
>> - We need to decide on case sensitivity and correct either the schema
>> (as I did for locking scheme), or update the xslt to lower/upper case
>> everything
I would say it should be case insensitive. I took a look at all the
configuration.setXyzAsString("String") (e.g.setIsolationLevelString) and
all these methods are not case sensitive, so there might be people doing
this programmatically, with mixed cases.IMO it would be inconsistent to
enforce lower/upper cases in configs and allow mixed cases to be used
programmatically.
>> - Not sure what to do about the jgroups section. Right now the
>> configs put it in the cache namespace, which is not really correct.
>> However since we don't have a jgroups namespace, I didnt bother
>> qualifying. The only other option would be to add xmlns="" to the
>> outer jgroups element.
xmlns="" - does this mean an anonymous work space?
>> In any case the parser accepts them in any namespace

Thanks the feedback :)