[jbosscache-dev] Packaging unit tests in distros

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 12:14:59 EDT 2008

+1. Keep it simple; strip out the overhead of having to make sure all
this ancillary stuff works from anything other than a checkout.

I see JBC's maven build doesn't publish a
jbosscache-core-X.X.X-sources.jar though.  A source jar whose contents
mirror the jbosscache-core-X.X.X.jar binary.  That's very useful as a
mavenized project depending on JBC will pull down that file to the local
repo, where it's easy to tell your IDE to use it as the source.  That to
me handles the main use case for a source distribution.

Must be simple to get that -sources.jar publishing that going, as a
couple of my projects do it and I didn't do anything to make it happen. ;)