[jbosscache-dev] POJO Cache no longer uses self-weaved interceptor stack

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 13:49:20 EDT 2008

Just to clarify, by interceptor design I was referring to POJO Cache's
use of them in it's internal implementation, not the actual AOP
interceptor API/design. I only removed weaving of the POJO Cache project
itself, by dropping it's use of interceptors. It turns out that the
implementation is simpler without them, so I didn't really need to
replace it with a new interception system. Also users never added to it,
so no loss there. If in the future I ever did bring interceptors back, I
think I would prefer to use a proxy based approach.

Weaving is still used though for user objects which are bound to the
cache. However, in this case, I recommend load-time weaving via
javaagent, and discourage precompiling, since this eliminates the
possibility of a binary compatibility problem. At some point I would
love to be able to do load-time weaving via the AS5 classloaders, which
would be more efficient than an agent, and work out of the box.

Kabir Khan wrote:
> We have some refactoring in mind after 2.0.0.GA - could you point us
> towards some information about how you are using interceptors now?
>
> On 26 Jun 2008, at 11:15, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> Three cheers!
>>
>> On 26 Jun 2008, at 03:58, Brian Stansberry wrote:
>>
>>> Brian breathes sigh of relief. :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks, Jason.

>>> --
>>> Brian Stansberry