[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-471 - Handling JGroups MERGE

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Mar 19 14:56:29 EDT 2008

On 19 Mar 2008, at 17:26, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> Bela Ban wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> I don't think we have thought hard enough about all use cases we
>> might implement, or at least consider for the design of the
>> interface. Maybe we need to brainstorm about this at our next
>> clustering conf call ?
>
> Where is this on our priority list? Is this something we are going
> to actually do over the next 3-4 months? Or are we discussing
> something that's not going to happen for a long time?

I'm thinking if we can come up with a valid interface quick enough
(over the next week or two) I'd put it in 2.2.0 along with the "easy"
implementations (evict, shutdown).  The more interesting
implementations of MergeHandlers can (a) come later, or (b) be
implemented by the client if they are in a rush for it.

If we can't come up with a satisfactory interface in the next 2 weeks
I'll defer this for 3.x.

Cheers,
manik at jboss.org