[jbosscache-dev] JBoss Cache, JGroups and TestNG

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Mar 27 11:03:20 EDT 2008

Looking at using the thread counts and parallelizing test execution in
TestNG (as Bela has done with JGroups), one of my biggest stumbling
blocks is that quite a few tests end up starting and stopping
replicated JBoss Cache instances.  If these tests were to be run in
parallel, they would detect each other and produce unexpected results.

Question for any of the JGroups guys on this list: how did you get
around this with creating JGroups channels, as I expect you have the
same problem?  Or do you not run tests that create/start channels in
parallel?

Cheers,
manik at jboss.org