[jbosscache-dev] Pulling the FileCacheLoader from 3.0.0

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 16:17:31 EDT 2008

Manik Surtani wrote:
> What do you guys think?  Too many people try and use this in production
> and then complain that it doesn't work.  It is not transactional and
> cannot withstand a JVM crash midway during a write.
>
> Should we deprecate this in 2.2.0 and remove it in 3.0.0?
>
> I know that JBoss AS uses it in some cases, but can that not be changed
> to use the JDBM cache loader?

No, it can't. :( Unfortunately, JDBM appears to be a pretty dead project.

FCL is just an impl of a pluggable interface though. If you don't want
it in 3.0 and if we can't find a valid replacement by the time AS is
ready to consume 3.0, then I can always pull the FCL code into the
AS/EJB3 source tree.