[jbosscache-dev] Pulling the FileCacheLoader from 3.0.0

Bela Ban bela at jboss.com
Fri Mar 28 01:39:20 EDT 2008

I would NOT pull it, but include it in the non-supported
interfaces/classes, e.g. by adding an @Experimental annotation. Similar
to http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JGRP-253, I recommend listing all
supported classes/APIs. If you annotate unsupported ones, you can write
a small program which extracts the annotations and generates some HTML...

Manik Surtani wrote:
> What do you guys think?  Too many people try and use this in
> production and then complain that it doesn't work.  It is not
> transactional and cannot withstand a JVM crash midway during a write.
>
> Should we deprecate this in 2.2.0 and remove it in 3.0.0?
>
> I know that JBoss AS uses it in some cases, but can that not be
> changed to use the JDBM cache loader?
>
> Cheers,
> manik at jboss.org

Bela Ban