[jbosscache-dev] Announcing JBoss Cache 2.2.0 "Poblano"

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Fri May 2 08:55:27 EDT 2008

On 2 May 2008, at 13:26, Vladimir Blagojevic wrote:

> Refactoring that you have done and the current architecture should
> be documented in a paper. Could be used in architecture
> documentation and as a starting point for potential contributors.
> Very cool stuff Manik and Mircea!

Thanks.  We plan stick this up on a wiki with UML diagrams as well as
starting points on how to enhance and extend so new features can
easily be developed.

> Why is it that async performance has been improved much more than
> sync?

Our theory is that the "real" performance gain in JBC is represented
by the async numbers since a large part of the sync numbers involves
blocking on JGroups replication messages, and the time taken on these
should be exactly the same in both versions of JBC tested.  With async
this doesn't come into the picture and the comparison is more "pure".

Really excited to see what we can do with MVCC now on top of this -
the biggest bottlenecks, as always is still locking.  :-)