[jbosscache-dev] MC style JDBCCacheLoader configuration

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed May 7 04:21:15 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Re: https://enterprise.redhat.com/issue-tracker/175979

While resolving this case, customer asked how to transform the given
JDBC CacheLoaderConfig section (see attached
mbean-cacheloaderconfig.xml) into MC style deployment. The result can be
found in the attached mc-cacheloaderconfig.xml.

I'd like to put this somewhere and I can think 3 places for it:
- wiki (my firm fav)
- jbc docu
- example deployment descriptor distributed with JBC and/or AS.

Wiki is probably the best place to put this type of example
configuration files as we're likely be asked to provide more like this
and it's the easiest way for people to contribute. Thoughts?

Staying on the same topic, while trying to create the MC version of that
configuration, I worked with a prototype that use <property> elements
for each of the cache loader configuration properties. However, this was
not really viable because it would require setter/getter for each and
every property, see attached mc-cacheloaderconfig-properties.xml.

Initially, before I came out with the final solution, I was thinking of
creating a JIRA to get the setter/getters created, but given the final
solution does not require any changes and fits well the purpose of
setProperties(), I don't think there's a need for a JIRA. Thoughts?

Cheers,
--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer