[jbosscache-dev] [JBCACHE-1342] Lack of lifecycle methods in CacheLoaderConfig classes

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed May 14 17:26:09 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Re: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1342

I've converted JDBCCacheLoaderConfig into a JavaBean class, however I
have some lifecycle issues now. setProperties() method within it, as
well as setting individual fields, also creates composite fields such
as: insertNodeSql, selectChildNamesSql...etc

If we want to create JDBCCacheLoaderConfig beans via individual
properties, rather than the setProperties() method we need some kind of
create step where we know that properties have already been set, and we
can use the create step to create the sql queries.

The bigger problem I suppose is that from what I can see setProperties()
is only really called after parsing the XML configuration, but this does
not happen for AS, as the configuration is parsed by the MC. I can see
quite a few bugs arising from this area, iow untested configurations. In
fact, I just came across another one:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1346

The JBossCache wikis are not available at the moment and I'm not sure
whether lifecycle annotations are explained somewhere else, so that we
can integrate the cache loader configurations into the cache lifecycle.

Cheers,
--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer