[jbosscache-dev] jboss-javaee.jar shipped with JBC

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu May 15 09:07:06 EDT 2008

Guys,

The only reason we ship jboss-javaee.jar with JBC is for the JTA
interfaces.  jboss-javaee.jar, however, brings along with it whole
bunch of excess baggage, which (1) makes the distro unnecessarily
large, and (2) causes problems in some environments [1].

Can anyone see anything wrong with dropping jboss-javaee.jar and
replacing it with jta-1.1.jar [2]?  I'm guessing we'd need to make
sure this is marked as optional in Maven, so it can be excluded from
projects that get deployed in an EE environment (or any other
environment where JTA is provided).

Thoughts?
Manik

[1] http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-1347