[jbosscache-dev] Re: NBST failing on my Mac

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 11:37:54 EST 2009

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Bela Ban wrote:
>> So it *does* throw an exception ?
>>
>> I didn't look in the code, but my TestNG errors on my Mac were caused
>> by none of the members being able to provide initial state, and
>> therefore the get() assertions after the 2nd node joined, failed.
>>
>> I would have expected an exception right ? I'll dig into this tomorrow
>> again..
>>

> Moving this to the the dev list since Brian mentioned we are skipping
> folks.

Right, it *should* fail completely if no state transfer is successful
(it throws a CacheException in RPCManagerImpl.start()). If it doesn't
then it's a bug somewhere. It would take quite awhile for this to happen
though. It loops through every server 5 times, and waits increasing
amounts of time  (2 ^ iteration seconds).

--
Jason T. Greene