[jbosscache-dev] Name ideas for JBCACHE-816?

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Thu Jan 29 06:30:18 EST 2009

On 28 Jan 2009, at 23:10, Galder Zamarreno wrote:

> Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Re: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCACHE-816
>> I've started to work on a prototype for this and after having a
>> chat with Manik last week, we both agreed that it'd be good for
>> whatever comes out of that JIRA to be a separate module from JBoss
>> Cache Core.
>> Doing this would allow the module to slowly grow, mature while
>> JBoss Cache Core follows its own path as stable cache solution.
>> So, as a result of this, I'm trying to find a name for it. Any ideas?
>> Here's a couple I thought of but I'm not too conviced about them...:
>> JBoss Cache Beam
>> JBoss Cache Duct
>
> More ideas :)
>
> JBoss Cache Bus

Ug!  Too many ESB connotations!  :-)

I'd just use a codename for now, since it may well re-integrate back
into JBC's core codebase at some point.  How about "Victoria"?  It was
the name of Ferdinand Magellan's ship in which he circumnavigated the
world.  Apt, since JBCACHE-816 is a "vehicle" to circumnavigate (data
centres across) the world! :-)

http://www.jbosscache.org
manik at jboss.org